top of page
Benton County Historical Society
and Horridge House
Tilford Academy opened in 1871 and had a men’s dormitory, women’s dormitory and main building. Because of the growth of public schools, it closed in 1916 and became the community hospital. The new Virginia Gay Hospital was built in 1951, and the old academy became the Lutheran Home for the Aged.
bottom of page